daisylifedream

daisylifedream

Thursday, February 3, 2011

peace

every atom inside me missed him with with implausible fervency.every moment I breathed shined light into the ache that I felt.every day held the promise that he would somehow realize that I was his dream girl and every day ended with the betrayal of that hope.
then one day I grew up.
and I washed myself clean from a despondency that had once ruled my life for so long.I learned how to walk back into the abyss and recapture
the sweetnesses that I had forgotten to collect when I was too weak to see. while returning to that walk, I met another whose journey mirrored my own...and while I was paces ahead of him in my wisdom of brokenness, I knew we were there together for a reason. and though our love did not materialize into a fall, what we gained held so much more value.
p e a c e.
found its home in our hearts during those months

f i n a l l y
after so many hours of tears. we took solace in each other. we found comfort in our struggles and we were able to lift each other up into a place of enlightenment that slowly soothed our aches. It brought us back to the bridge, perhaps even the cornerstone, of the phenomenom that both of us can now freely call love.

photo by: Leni Van Der Steen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers