daisylifedream

daisylifedream

Monday, June 14, 2010

quintessential

It was the quintessential look. my eyes bleeding with confusion, waring from a disease I imposed upon myself. I could not take my eyes from the past, they were glued to an illusion.

they were hard pressed to love.

I felt lost with the absence of you and torn at a crossroads of letting you go or hanging on.

I spoke with fervor during those months to the God I had failed, so many times before, to know.

I suddenly hung onto his grace as If my life depended on it,

and in many ways, it did.

he saved me from a feral disaster. an impending downfall. a cowardly ache.

he lifted me above the illness I had manifested and paved a road for me. A road grounded in lessons I had learned from you, reminders of the love I now knew to be real, and devoid of anguish that once sucked me into the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers